Skip to main content

Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities announces membership of Social Housing Quality Resident Panel

In March of this year the Department for Levelling Up, Housing and Communities launched the Social Housing Quality Resident Panel, to bring together social housing residents from across the country to feed into the Government’s approach to driving up the quality of social housing.  The Panel will meet around 3 times each year for the foreseeable future, with at least six meetings to be held.

The Department has now announced the membership of the Panel, which is analysed as set out below:

  • 52% of members are female, 43% are male, whilst 5% preferred not to say
  • 36% of members are disabled, 23% are not disabled, whilst 41% preferred not to say
  • 53% of members are White, 6% are from Mixed/Multiple ethnic groups, 6% are Asian/Asian British, 8% are Black/African/Caribbean/Black British, 5% are from Other ethnic groups, whilst 22% preferred not to say
  • 2% of members are aged between 18 and 24, 18% are aged between 25 and 34, 20% are aged between 35 and 44, 22% are aged between 45 and 54, 21% are aged between 55 and 64 and 17% are aged 65 and over
  • 80% are tenants of housing associations with the remaining 20% being tenants of local authorities and
  • 12% of members live in Yorkshire and Humber, a further 12% live in North West England, with the other regions – West Midlands, South West England, South East England, North East England, East of England, East Midlands and London – each contributing 11% of the membership.